SSD for 06 mbp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.93 quad i7, '06 macbook pro, ipad2 64gig/3g, iphone 4s
I have a '06 mac book pro. I don't use it very much now that I have a new iMac and my iPad but I still use it when I travel and now it is painfully slow to do things like update my website from the road etc.. I was considering replacing the hard drive for a ssd drive for it.... worth while?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well an SSD is worth the money IMHO but others do say they are too dear for what you get. G.Skill Falcon drives really do fly. Have you done any maintenance on the MBP recently, such as Onyx?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.93 quad i7, '06 macbook pro, ipad2 64gig/3g, iphone 4s
I have ran clean my mac regularly and have cleaned extra files. Also with current setup I cannot upgrade to lion....
I just am not sure if it is worth investing the $$ in the old hardware...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
I put an SSD into my 2006 iMac and I felt it was well worth it. It was a 115gb from OWC and it cost just under $200. It made my slow machine into a rocket. Well, maybe not that fast, but it sure is faster than it was. Remember too that memory cache on the drive is faster too so you'll see speed there.

Use an external drive for the audio video and photo files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.