Anything suspeciouse

Reaction score
To whoever got the efficient knowledge in Mac to spare me an opinion, i attached a screenshot of my Mac just after scanned it and deleted everything in trash can and turned off my wireless connection, and as soon i restarted the computer i got this in the " Trash " as its shown in the pic.

Am not a pro on Mac, and lately i've been trying to figure out on my own through searching online and reading on how to figuere out if my Mac is bugged with Keylogger and/or RAT .... long story short i have good reasons on why to doubt that my mac is infected, for several reason .... anyhow i ended up formatting the whole computer i mean through a service center and upgrading the OS to OS X 10.6.8 ... peace was on in my cyber life for a while, then back to getting attacked by the same ???? , Emails, links, and god knows what els.

So .... WHAT DO YOU THINK

screenshot.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Mac OS X 10.4 Help: A folder called Recovered Files appears in my Trash

Here's the entire contents. It states 10.4, but nothing has changed.

A folder called Recovered Files appears in my Trash

One or more Recovered Files folder may appear in your Trash after restarting your computer. The recovered files are temporary files used by Mac OS X applications. Usually temporary files are deleted by an application when it no longer needs them. If an application quits unexpectedly, the temporary files may not get deleted by the application. When you restart your computer, Mac OS X moves these temporary files to the Trash.

You can retrieve useful files by dragging them out of the Trash. In most cases, however, the temporary files are not important and it is safe to empty your Trash. Check with the manufacturer of the application if you are not sure.

OP
M
Reaction score
and what do you know, help from the home boyz, AZ baby .... well thanks for the fast replay.

so basically what you are saying it is normal to find files in the Trash after a restart or a shut down, which these files are just left overs from application previously used before the shut down !?

well in the pic you read the name of the folders and the open txt file which is full of what seems to me as a list of ports / IP address or something .... Plus if the names on these folders should refer to an Appl i used or using then the Answer non of these folders rings a bell !?? .... i mean am i going wild with this or maybe i should detail more about my situation or info !?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You're running Trainz? It's likely just bitmaps of what the game was doing at that point in time (which I'd expect in a temp file). At least, that's what it looks like to me.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry if my knowledge in Apple is not keeping up with your explanation, but i get the vibe from what you are saying that what you see in the pic is not abnormal. Well as a replay to what you are saying although i gota admit " i didnt get what you mean by TRAINZ " i am not running any games on my computer i could assure you that, and plus i made a search in my computer for these folders ... and i didnt find anything .... not even Apps with a similar names ... i just feel its something got to do with an App running in the background .... a hidden function of an App recovering files .... I DONT KNOW am just running blind over here ...

Half being smart to know what your dumb at .... thats why am here .... i dont want to trun this to a privet tutorial by teaching me the basic of Mac systems, but i just gota be sure my computer is not infected again ....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.