iPhoto9.2 and iOS5

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
Hi,
I will get to the point. I have updated my 3gs, iTunes and iPhoto all up to date. This is going to be long ;)

I don’t know when this exactly happened(I had exams I did not use my iDevices for a period of time and when I use them I don’t open the photo app). I have got about 3000 photo + video in iPhoto, when I updated my iPhone I noticed that not all pictures are available there were some empty events and a lot of messing pic anyway I opened iTunes and went to the photo tab and saw that there are 2996 pic and my iPhone shows only 44 pic!!!!!

I tried a lot of things such as : deleting all pic and resync them, rebuilding the iPhoto library and deleting the iPhoto iPod cache.

deleting the pic did nothing. def pic sync but only a few about 70 pic

rebuilding the iPhoto and deleting the iPod cache made iTunes sync about 1700 pic out of 2996 pic but syncing again made me have only 44 pic

as for my iPod the same and says that some pic including ####.jpeg could be copied because they can not be displayed on your device

sorry for my English if there is something you don’t understand please ask me, I really want my photos to be in my iPhone and iPod touch

Regards and thanks in advanced

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Having a similar problem with iPhoto and syncing photos. Do not have the same problem with Aperture FWIW.

I first saw this problem with my wife's new out of the box MBA (even before upgrading to IOS 5). I hoped upgrading to IOS 5 would fix it on her Mac but it hasn't, so I have switched her (at least temporarily) to Aperture until Apple comes out with a fix.

OP
Kax

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
Does this mean that the iPhoto update is the problem!???

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.