ipad2 apps

Reaction score
Before anyone calls me an idiot....I really did try to find the solution myself but had no luck in searching for an answer.

Anyways, how the heck do you delete an app now in IOS 5?
Previously you could hold your finger on an App, wait for it to 'shake' and then X it out. Now when the apps 'shake' there is no X to delete the App.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
What app are you trying to delete? Some of them such as the Calender app, you can't delete.

OP
W
Reaction score
I want to delete the applications that are downloaded from iTunes.
If I keeping finger on top of the application for activation of application, then nothing happens. And on corner of the application I don’t see the cross.
Also, You can not move the folders on the screen to the different folders.

All this can be done through iTunes. It’s not comfortable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can't delete the Photos apps. Or YouTube, Videos, Notes, iTunes etc. etc. If it came with the iPad, you're stuck with it. Is this what you mean by usual apps?

Regarding the moving folders into folders... What do you mean? If you literally mean dragging one folder into another, then no, you can't do that.

OP
W
Reaction score
I know all that. All of this can be done.
But my iPad will not let me do it directly on the screen. I have to do it through iTunes.
I like to delete applications and move them to the files ON THE SCREEN J
I want to move, and delete those applications what is not a built-in applications

C

chas_m

I don't have iOS 5 on my iPad yet, but I DO have it on my iPhone so I tested this.

Press and hold an app ... yep, all of them start to wiggle and all the third-party ones have "x" next to them.

Moving apps on top of one another to make folders ... yep, works as before.

Moving apps and folders around ... yep, that works as before too.

I have to conclude that it's something to do with your machine. Try actually shutting it completely down (not sleep) and then restarting it.

C

chas_m

Just checked on my newly-upgraded iPad (original, 32GB) now running iOS 5. Still works exactly as it always did. I can only surmise that either you're working with a corrupted/jailbroken machine there, you're doing something wrong, somehow your iOS 5 is hosed or something I'm not imaginative enough to think of.

If I were you, I'd definitely show the iPad to an Apple Genius at an Apple Retail Store, or at least the tech at an independent Mac retailer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right - there is another way you can delete apps.

Settings > General > Usage

Then under "usage" it lists all of your apps, you can then click on which one you want to delete and it will say "delete app".

You should see something like this....

6260837681_0d66be9e0f_b.jpg

6260838867_bf9485a046_b.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.