Safari (Top sites)

Reaction score
I like having my window/tabs open to top sites which is how I had it set. Since the update it doesn't open to top sites it just opens to the last page I was on when browsing. I filled out a bug report for apple but haven't had any response (thats if they do to bug reports?)

Anyone else had the same problem?

C

chas_m

They don't reply directly to bug reports, they just collect them, then fix the problem when it becomes evident that the bug report wasn't just you. :)

FWIW I've had no trouble with Top Sites on my Safari running the latest version (and latest OS, etc.). If you've checked that your Safari preference is still set for Top Sites then my guess would be that the cache for Top Sites has gotten corrupted (used to do that a lot in the early days).

The easiest fix is to go under Safari's application menu and choose Reset Safari ... and choose only "Reset Top Sites" and "Remove all webpage previews" from your options, then restart Safari. That oughta do it, though it will take a minute or two for Top Sites to "rebuild" the previews of your chosen webpages (so don't freak out when they pop up all black at first).

OP
MAC Lion
Reaction score
Cheers for the info, still have the same problem and to make matters worse this wireless issue with the internet is getting worse. I'm forever turning my wireless on and off to get it to connect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.