Lost my address book app

Reaction score
I no longer have an address book--the app has vanished. I reinstalled my Leopard install DVD but STILL no address book. Please help!!!! I am desperate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Is it still in the Applications folder?

C

chas_m

When you say you "lost" it, do you mean it's just gone from the Dock, or do you mean you deleted it from the Applications folder?

Because if it's just the former, then just drag it back in from the Applications folder.

OP
G
Reaction score
The app and all the info have vanished. I was following a forum about getting address book into dropbox and whoosh, it all vanished. I reinstalled the application but my latest phone book entries were not there. I had been trying to sync to the cloud but it never did sync so my latest address book has vanished. Really bad. I am now on MacKeeper so this won't happen again. Thanks for responding! Pendlewitch and Chas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
You still didn't tell us if the app disappeared from the Dock at the bottom of your screen or from the Applications folder itself, which you navigate to in the Finder. It could still be there. Just because something is gone from the Dock doesn't mean it's gone from the computer entirely.

Time Machine is a better option for backing things up than MacKeeper, and it comes as part of OS X already. You should give that a try.

M

MacInWin

And did you look at Dropbox to see if it was sent there in your experimentation?

Reaction score
Methinks gagoo is fishing for MacKeeper sucker fish!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Or abducted by aliens..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.