Very subtle issue with microsoft word

Reaction score
Don't mean to sound like I'm dissecting problems out of thin air, but there is a little subtle issue I'd love to fix with Microsoft word. Let's say I have two windows open (at least one of the being a word document), if my last click was on something other than the word window (so the other window is selected), I would like to be able to hover over the word window and use scroll. This works for pretty much every other application, such as browsers and pretty much anything. I actually noticed that on my friend's microsoft word, she is able to do this, but she was unaware of any setting she might have changed. Any idea how I could do this? thanks, and let me know if you'd like me to clarify the issue... I tried to explain it clearly.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I understand the issue - but it's always worked for me that way. One of the things I love about OS X over Windows. At work I always have to make an extra mouse click - which over time - becomes incredibly annoying. I think that's really an element of OS X - not specific to Word.

OP
D
Reaction score
yeah haha.. it's funny that such a minor (lack-of) feature was driving me so nuts. one other thing i'd love to know about, and if it can be fixed -- when I'm using the notebook in word, if i am on one tab and I've scrolled down through it, and then I look at somehting in another tab, and come back to the first one, it starts me at the top of the page, and not where i left off... any way to keep it where I left it? thanks.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I completely understand. Now that I'm so accustomed to it with OS X - I find it remarkably annoying at work. Easy to get spoiled I guess.

Regarding your second question - I don't know - I've only used the notebook view one time - and even then - it was more out of curiosity than anything else. I don't have any notebooks to go test on. I'm sure someone here does though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.