Switching Desktops w/ Gestures

Reaction score
I'm having this weird problem and I can seem to find an answer for it (probably because I can't figure out what exactly to search for). Anyway, I'm running lion, and having this problem when I have two desktops open in a row.

Lets say I have microsoft word open on desktop 1, and powerpoint on desktop 2. I am on desktop 1 and do a three finger swipe gesture to get to desktop 2. Instead of staying on desktop 2, the screen automatically flicks back to desktop 1. Now, if I do it again, it will stay on desktop two. It also does this if i'm flipping from "desktop" 3, which is a full window safari desktop. The only difference is, instead of flicking me back to safari, it flicks me to desktop 1.

As far as I can tell, the only time it does this is when powerpoint is on the desktop I'm trying to get to. This is becoming ever more frustrating since I'm trying to work on projects for school.

Sorry if this is a little confusing. I hope I've explained it well. If not, please let me know and I'll try to include more info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.