Ios5 wiped off some apps

Reaction score
Hello ... I hope someone will be able to help me.
I installed Ios5 on my iphone yesterday and it wiped off quite a few of my apps.
Some of these apps had data, like a journal and a couple of games and other similar things.
I know I can easily re-install all the apps, but is there a way to recover the lost data? I had many months worth of my journal, which I fill in daily, and I'd be devastated if it had completely just all gone!

Many thanks for any help or advice.

OP
C
Reaction score
I am embarrassed to admit I have no idea how to do that and I cannot find any instructions anywhere.... :Confused:

OP
C
Reaction score
Ah, found how to restore from back-up ... isn't this going to restore all data, not just lost ones though? It is now restoring from back-up of 1st August - surely all data from after that date will be lost?!
Isn't there a way to restore only data for specific apps?
Thank you!

Reaction score
well obviously you must have backed up your phone or else you would be complaining about contacts and such. have you tried adding the app back to the phone to see if the information is there?

OP
C
Reaction score
... and why would it be restoring from 1st August, I am sure I backed up yesterday before installing new ios, but didn't see that available .... :(

Reaction score
... and why would it be restoring from 1st August, I am sure I backed up yesterday before installing new ios, but didn't see that available .... :(

well there should be numorous backups that you can choose from. i am not at my computer with itunes on it dang it. i am sorry

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes I did, I installed the apps again but it was as if they had never been installed before, no data. I'll see what happens with this now. I have a feeling I will be disappointed...

thanks very much for your help

OP
C
Reaction score
no...it didn't work - it restored some useless data such as messages up to the 1st August, and it wiped off again all the apps I had painfully re-installed one by one this afternoon!!
I have no other back-ups available strangely .... DISASTER! This means I have lost my diary entries ...! Why? I am not happy with this ... :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.