Automatic switch from caps to sentence letters as in Windows

Reaction score
Is there any way to have this feature on MAC OSX?
Before, when I had PC, and I was typing something i.e. "wORD" after I pressed space it automatically changed it to "Word".
I am not sure if it's an issue with Office or with the whole OS.
This is the most annoying thing about my mac and I would highly appreciate any help since all my work is related to tons of typing.

Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OS X auto correction does not do a "change case" (neither does Windows). You have to set that up in your word processor software; ie: MS Word, Pages, etc - just as you did in Windows.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The point here is that this is not a feature of the operating system, it's done with your word processor. MS Office 2011 does not have that as an option and since I'm not at the office right now I can't check my copy of Office 2010.

However, in Word 2011 if you accidentally leave the caps lock key on and wish to correct what you typed, it's a simple matter of highlighting the word(s) and then select Format, Change Case from the top menu.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.