Syslogd at 200%!!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my macbook pro 17 inch has been running really hot, when i checked the activity monitor, the process "syslogd" is running at 180-200%! I'm on os lion 10.7.2. is there anything do fix this? my cpu was running at 98 degrees Celsius!!!

Thank You

Stefan

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Time Machine has been known to abuse syslogd (for whatever reason). Open up System Preferences and disable Time Machine. Next, quit the syslogd process in Activity Monitor. It will restart but it should no longer use up a lot of resources. If that fixes it, let us know and we can go from there.

OP
F
Reaction score
Rebooted, now its back to normal. I tried some programs to see if one of them does this, the culprit was office 2011 for mac. When I would open some files, office would freeze up and give me the beach ball. When I would force quite the syslogd would go nuts. Has anyone had this problem with office?

System specs:
core i7 2.66ghz
8gb of ram
512gb solid state drive

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.