Online exchange

Reaction score
Could anybody explain to me how I get “online exchange” working with my Outlook 2011 for Mac.
I don’t have an exchange account or anything. Only an e-mail address (from my web host) so I would need the whole process from getting signed up with exchange to the setup on Iphone end outlook!
Is it possible at all?

OP
E
Reaction score
Could anybody explain to me how I get “online exchange” working with my Outlook 2011 for Mac.
I don’t have an exchange account or anything. Only an e-mail address (from my web host) so I would need the whole process from getting signed up with exchange to the setup on Iphone end outlook!
Is it possible at all?

No one???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
Hi Mate,

I think the first question is - what do you want to be able to do? Setting up your e-mail on a hosted exchange server can be quite expensive and therefore only a good choice if there is specific functionality that you need. Most exchange functionality (though not all) can be found via a free account.

If you let me know why you want an exchange account - I might be able to point you in the right direction.

-IDSAMDG

OP
E
Reaction score
Hi Mate,

I think the first question is - what do you want to be able to do? Setting up your e-mail on a hosted exchange server can be quite expensive and therefore only a good choice if there is specific functionality that you need. Most exchange functionality (though not all) can be found via a free account.

If you let me know why you want an exchange account - I might be able to point you in the right direction.

-IDSAMDG

Hi there!

Ok, this is my problem: It´s basically a calendar sync problem. I´ve got my email account set up on both my Iphone and my outlook 2011 and it’s working fine. The problem is how to have the calendar in outlook and Iphone to sync. I have to be able to add appointments on both my phone and my mac. I also get a lot of outlook meeting invitations that I have to be able to add to the calendar from the mail program. I mention this because it´s maybe a solution to have separate mail and calendar program?? Although I would like to use the outlook like I do today.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.