TV Shows vanish from iOS5 Videos app?

Reaction score
I just upgraded my Touch to iOS5 and noticed an odd behavior with the Videos app. When manually managing video files if I go into options and tag the video file as a 'TV Show', it vanishes from the Videos app list completely. There is no TV Shows grouping at all; it just disappears! iTunes sees it as a tv show and my used memory bar indicates that the file is present on the device however the Videos app fails to list it. I've tried putting info in every box in the info section but that doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it such that files marked as TV shows appear under the Videos app under a subheading like they did in iOS4?

Reaction score
Hello Nic,

Yes I noticed the same thing. I have quite a few series which I had loaded on my 3GS, so upon getting my 4GS I imported them back on, but as you say, the video app shows, but when your in there it will only show Movies & Music Videos, not TV Shows as iTunes has them set as a option. This is annoying.

OP
N
Reaction score
It's really frustrating. I played with the software for a few hours and found that the only way I could get the files to show up as 'TV shows' was to add them to the iTunes TV Show library then sync that to the device.

Unfortunately I can't stand using iTunes to sync anything but apps so for me this is not a usable solution to the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.