iPhoto crashing during import

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MC374LL-A MacBook® Pro / Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor / 13.3" Display / 8GB Memory / 250GB Hard Drive
All of a sudden, my iPhoto 9.2 software on my MacBook Pro totally crashes every single time I try to import photos from my memory card. It has never done this before. It worked fine the last time I imported photos 2 or 3 days ago. Here is the error I keep getting. Any ideas? I'm using my Aperature software in the meantime, but I really prefer my iPhoto. I'm running the latest OS Lion.

Process: iPhoto [303]
Path: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
Identifier: com.apple.iPhoto
Version: 9.2 (9.2)
Build Info: iPhotoProject-626000000000000~2
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [134]

Date/Time: 2011-10-16 13:16:33.787 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 100 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 1
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 6 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 1
Anonymous UUID: C674A80B-06F1-4135-804D-0990D9E9D8FC

Crashed Thread: 97 Import thread 1

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x000000001521f140

C

chas_m

The first thing I would try is to run OnyX, letting it rebuild Launch Services. A good permission run (in Disk Utility) and a good old-fashioned restart wouldn't go amiss either. General maintenance, in other words.

Let us know if that resolves the issue.

Reaction score
iPhoto crashes

Hi,
I got exactly the same problem. All suddenly iPhoto crashes when I try to import new photos, whatever the way used (from mail, copy&paste, camera, iPhone, etc...) I tried Onyx as you say, nothing different. iPhoto runs OK but becomes useless for the new photos...:Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Same Problem Here

Yep, all of sudden, same problem. iPhoto crashes when attempting to import photos. Of course I tried a reboot first off. No luck. This is really, really frustrating.

Reaction score
Same problem here

Same thing happening to me. iPhoto works until I either try to import new photos or until I turn on photo stream, then it crashes. Very frustrating. Have tried rebuilding my photo library and deleting the plist and do files. Nothing helps. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Fix that worked for me

I did all the things mentionned and nothing worked.
I updated perian (directly from perian web site) to 1.2.3 (from 1.1) and now iphoto is back! :)

i just subscribed just to give you this hint in case that will work for you.

Reaction score
This was the answer for my problem.

I did all the things mentionned and nothing worked.
I updated perian (directly from perian web site) to 1.2.3 (from 1.1) and now iphoto is back! :)

i just subscribed just to give you this hint in case that will work for you.

Just wanted to say that I subscribed just to say that your advice worked for me. Downloaded Perian 1.2.3 (free) and now iPhoto does not crash when importing photos. So happy. Thanks immensely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.