Right click all the time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It took me ages to get here, basically opening every link in a new tab.

Basically OSX is behaving strangelly. Most of the time all mouse, trackpad clicks bring up a right click contextual menu. This is happening in the Finder, Chrome and safari, in fact its OS wide.

Right click also brings up a menu, so its not just a button swap that's going on.

Anybody else come across this, it's driving me spare.

Tries toggling settings in the mouse and trackpad preferences, now am at a loss. Running 10.7.2

OP
louishen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
JUst in case anybody else has a similar problem - found the culprit

Basically tried to go back to my old MS infra red keyboard to isolate the problem. Turns out it was under my desk with the batteries still in and my old HP laptop pressed down on the CTRL key.

The other active keyboard was basically keeping the contextual menu permanently active, so watch out when you change keyboards, make sure the old one is disconnected or switched off before storing it away.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A Blue Tooth Ghost! Yeah, that's happened to several folks. A bit embarrassing when you find out what it was. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.