Installing Snow Leopard over 10.5.8

Reaction score
Hello everyone.I want to install Snow leopard over my late 08 aluminum macbook's 10.5.8 leopard.The problem is that im using my newest macbook's pro snow leopard installation dvd but when i boot from it on my macbook i get the message snow "leopard 10.6 cannot be installed in this machine".I tried repair permissions,reset PRAM but it doesnt work.So what can i do?Anyone can help me out?Thanks a lot!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello everyone.I want to install Snow leopard over my late 08 aluminum macbook's 10.5.8 leopard.The problem is that im using my newest macbook's pro snow leopard installation dvd but when i boot from it on my macbook i get the message snow "leopard 10.6 cannot be installed in this machine".

You cannot use the gray/silver discs from other computers...they are model specific.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Are you sure about this?I remember i used once a friend's tiger-->leopard upgrade DVD on my first white macbook

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Are you sure about this?I remember i used once a friend's tiger-->leopard upgrade DVD on my first white macbook

Four things:

1. I've only personally answered this sort of question what seems like about 500 times (or more). And this question has been answered 1000's of times on Mac-Forums.

2. Didn't your experience of trying to do it prove my point!

3. That Tiger to Leopard upgrade DVD you mentioned WASN'T a gray/silver disk...it was a black disk with a big "X" only (totally different from the gray discs).

4. Using a "friend's" disk is a violation of Apple's EULA (end user license agreement).

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.