iPhone 4S Reception and Battery Life

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if the call reception and retention has improved on the iPhone 4S over the previous models. I'm happy to hear the battery life has been improved.

I have owned an iPhone 3G, 3GS, skipped the iPhone 4 over the antenna issues (already frustrated with reception) and now I'm considering the 4S on Verizon.

My frustration is I cannot use the AT&T version of this phone in the neighborhood or at home without dropping calls 7 or 8 times in a 10 minute conversation.

Yes I've had many iPhones replaced to no avail. I've even had carriers come out to this area and test their cell towers because so many of us iPhone users have reception issues in this area. I came from Verizon on a Palm Treo to the iPhone originally, and did not have reception problems, and now I have been using my work HTC Incredible also on Verizon and don't have issues.

I would consider staying with AT&T on the 4S if this version can make and retain calls better than all of the previous generations of iPhones I've had only because I can do voice and data at the same time. I strongly feel that going to Verizon will address my reception issues at the most important place, home.

If the reception not that much better with people that have the 4S on AT&T, I'm curious to hear from people that switched from AT&T to Verizon had better luck with reception on the iPhone 3 or 4.

D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
I used to get 3 bars or less on my 4 but get a full signal on the 4s.

Internet Speed is also a lot faster than the 4.

I am in the UK though.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The iPhone 4 on Verizon doesn't have antenna issues at all, I can only imagine the 4S would be better.

My iPhone 4 replaced a Droid Incredible and the reception has been the same or better in all of the areas I use it in, regardless of how I hold it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.