newbie needs HELP with wireless in mac book pro

Reaction score
hi.
Im new, my boyfriend has a macbook pro and has been having lousy wireless conectivity. one minute he gets fulll bars the next one or sometimes none, works intermittently. I have a dell lap top and i never ever have wireless problems. We have a linksys router. I have tried having him zap his pram, and disable the IPV6, neither worked. Im not very mac savy but if you are nice and specific with directions i can do it. PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 2.9 GHz i7 8 GB RAM, MacBook Pro Mid 2009 13" 2.26 GHz 4 GB RAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
hi.
Im new, my boyfriend has a macbook pro and has been having lousy wireless conectivity. one minute he gets fulll bars the next one or sometimes none, works intermittently. I have a dell lap top and i never ever have wireless problems. We have a linksys router. I have tried having him zap his pram, and disable the IPV6, neither worked. Im not very mac savy but if you are nice and specific with directions i can do it. PLEASE PLEASE HELP.
Is your router set to WEP by any chance? Just a stab in the dark, but Macs do not play well with WEP although it works fine for most PCs. Macs work best with WPA2 and as long as your PC is running XP Service Pack 3 or later, it should play well with your PC too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.