iCloud/Calendar Double Entries

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0
As the title suggests, I have my Calendar synching to my iPhone via iCloud... and I'm getting some double-entries on my iPhone -but only on my Work calendar. I've checked iTunes, all the synching is being handled in the Cloud so that's not the problem. Has anyone else seen anything similar? Does anyone have any suggestions to offer please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7 quad core, 8GB, 2TBHD, ATI 5750
Did you by any chance have CalDav integration or Google Calendar Sync on your work calendar prior to enabling iCloud? That happened to me and I was effectively syncing twice. Or perhaps on your iCal you actually have two instances f your work calendar? (like by clicking on the Calendars button in iCal on a mac do you see two Work calendars)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I think there is an earlier post on here about this, you need to specify either the 'iCloud' or 'on my Mac' calendar in iPhone but not both. I note though that you are on 10.6.7, the full experience will not work for your properly because the small print says you need Lion as a minimum on your MBP.
I've just turned everything off because I couldn't get the Calendar function working correctly,my music sync was hit and miss over iCloud and the Reminders app is only useable on the phone and won't sync because it's a Lion related add-in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I think there is an earlier post on here about this, you need to specify either the 'iCloud' or 'on my Mac' calendar in iPhone but not both. I note though that you are on 10.6.7, the full experience will not work for your properly because the small print says you need Lion as a minimum on your MBP.
I've just turned everything off because I couldn't get the Calendar function working correctly,my music sync was hit and miss over iCloud and the Reminders app is only useable on the phone and won't sync because it's a Lion related add-in.

Given my recent experiences I wouldn't recommend that you try resolving any issues until you have upgraded to Lion. I did last night and I have no more reservations about iCloud/iOS5, everything is syncing perfectly both ways here on wireless and Lion is excellent especially with a Trackpad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.