Iphone 4 baseband mess up HELP!!

Reaction score
Ok i was dumb and upgrade my iphone 4 from 4.3.3 jailbroken with custom firmware to iOS 5 Public version without making a custom ipsw of iOS 5 there for messing up my baseband. My baseband was 6.15. It upgraded just fine with no problem. a few days later my phone said "Restore Needed" out of the blue. I couldn't make call or receive them. My phone just says searching... even when i take the sim card out. The wifi doesn't work it says "no Wifi". My phone number is unknown. my bluetooth doesn't work and The modem Firmware is blank. I had to downgrade back to 4.3.3 using custom firmware, but now i can't use anything that requires internet, Meaning no phone. The ipod works and all of the apps. Is there any to fix my baseband, ive tried everything but when i try to install iOS 5, i get an "itunes unknown error (-1)". I read later on this forum "http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-778479.96.html" that upgrading from a jailbroken custom firmware to apples official firmware messes up the baseband cause it upgrade the baseband instead of preserving it. Is my phone ruined or is there still hope for it? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
It is most likely unusable - as once baseband is upgraded - there is no way to downgrade. Sometimes they find a way to unlock newer basebands - but it usually isn't a quick process. Sorry to say but every jailbreak I've seen says be very careful about baseband upgrade if you rely on an unlock for phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Apple is the one that doesn't want it. Jailbreak and unlock is done by 3rd party people. So Apple "fixed it" - but broke it for you. Sorry to say but you are probably serving as a warning to other unlockers.
Dev-Team Blog

Unlockers should never go near stock IPSWs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.