iCloud Problems with syncing

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having problems with my iCloud syncing.

I have upgraded my iPhone to ios5 and my macbook pro to the most up to date software. after i did that, i then synced my iPhone and enabled the settings for iCloud. i have also enabled wifi sync on the iTunes summary, and in the preferences pane enabled the music and apps to be synced over wifi. The same goes for the iPhone, i have enabled the music and apps to be synced in the settings.

So this is the problem, i have updated my iTunes songs and even added appointments into my calendars. i was under the impression that when you plug your iPhone into a charger and lock the screen (as long as it and your mac are connected to wifi) it should automatically sync changes between the devices. however this isn't the case. i have even tried to do a manual wireless sync through the general settings but my songs still won't update. when i click on the iTunes wifi sync option on my iPhone it just says, 'looking for james's macbook' and nothing happens.

I don't know what to do as the devices are linked to the same wifi (my university public wifi) and it still won't work.

Please help me solve this problem

Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.