how to remove newsstand app?

Reaction score
i youtubed and google and all it's showing me is to go on cydia and do it. i don't have cydia and i don't wanna jailbreak it. any other way to remove it?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No way to remove apps integral to iOS. So far hiding it as the best that's been done - link.

However, I'm with baggss. Just move it to the last page and forget it.

C

chas_m

In the interest of providing an alternative way of thinking, let me ask this: why not consider subscribing to a magazine so that you actually USE Newsstand?

There are some pretty terrific magazines and good deals available. I'm seriously thinking of taking up a New Yorker subscription, and there's this other mag called "How" and one called "Once" that I'm also looking into. Maybe even Popular Science if I think I'm going to have the time.

I originally didn't think I'd go for iPad subscriptions but the deals are good and I'd like to do more intelligent reading, you know? Give it some consideration and browse around, you never know!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.