• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Moving movies from Flixster Collections to iTunes

Reaction score
So I have been buying Blu-Ray DVDs with the Digital Copies and importing them to my iTunes. Now there is some new thing called UltraViolet that I don't like. Anyway, I am downloading a movie that I got through UltraViolet to a Flixster Collection. I am trying to figure out how to move that movie to my iTunes. Oh, and I have an iMac with the latest software. Please help, I would really appreciate any comments!! Thanks!!

Reaction score
How To Move Movies from Flixster Collections to iTunes

hetzell1991 - I ALSO have been buying Blu-Ray DVDs with the Digital Copies and importing them to my iTunes. Now there is some new thing called UltraViolet. Anyway, I am downloading a movie that I got through UltraViolet to a Flixster Collection. I am trying to figure out how to move that movie to my iTunes. I would ALSO like to know how. Please help, I would really appreciate any comments!! Thanks!!

Dave01
P.S. Green Lantern 2011 was a GREAT MOVIE!!!

Reaction score
Same issue !!!

This is interesting especially as it is tagged as a MP4 and Qt nor Toast will deal with it!

Reaction score
flixster & itunes

So I have been buying Blu-Ray DVDs with the Digital Copies and importing them to my iTunes. Now there is some new thing called UltraViolet that I don't like. Anyway, I am downloading a movie that I got through UltraViolet to a Flixster Collection. I am trying to figure out how to move that movie to my iTunes. Oh, and I have an iMac with the latest software. Please help, I would really appreciate any comments!! Thanks!!

Read on this forum there is no way to get UltraViolet digital copy to itunes. I'm not buying ultra violet ever. The whole idea of a digital copy is to put it on ipod or iphone. Never even dealt with Flixster Collection until now. I hope it is just the ultra violet thing and not the flixster program.

Reaction score
Moving movies from Flixster to itunes

This sucks! My 6 year old has his movies on the ipad and is used to going to videos to watch them. Now I have to explain that half of his movies are in the Flixster app and how to get to them. Then when he tried to watch them they kept pausing and starting again. I went to download them to prevent the pausing from happening and I had to download 2 different programs onto my computer to do it. Wow! I will never again buy a digital copy of any movie. If I need to have it on DVD I'll buy the cheap version and pay extra to download it from Itunes to get the digital copy! What a bunch of crap! I hope movie companies realize how much they screwed up with this one and go back to the original digital copies. I want to be able to decide how to watch my movies and with what program. Who do they think they are?

Reaction score
Found file - but it won't load in iTunes

I searched the drive and found the file that Flixster downloaded to my drive. It has the extension mp4. But when you try to add it to iTunes or view it with Quicktime it has something in its signature or contents that stops it from playing there.

Reaction score
Ultraviolet is a Disaster

I searched the drive and found the file that Flixster downloaded to my drive. It has the extension mp4. But when you try to add it to iTunes or view it with Quicktime it has something in its signature or contents that stops it from playing there.

This is ridiculous. With the cell phone companies already chocking on data traffic and home broadband being overall slowthis "new" and "improved" digital copy relies on streaming? Really?

What if I want to watch the movie in my car or airplane? I have to download the HUGE file to each device first? I can't synch via iTunes? Really? What is this 1990 all over again?

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. With the cell phone companies already chocking on data traffic and home broadband being overall slowthis "new" and "improved" digital copy relies on streaming? Really?

What if I want to watch the movie in my car or airplane? I have to download the HUGE file to each device first? I can't synch via iTunes? Really? What is this 1990 all over again?

Okay so I got an iTunes redemption code from Flixster support for this movie so I am breathing a little more normal now. I would ask ALL studios to let consumers chose their platrom. If Flixster works for many, then by all means support it, I am all for competition, but don't FORCE me to go another route when iTunes is working so well.

Reaction score
Steps I followed

Hopefully this helps some people, and I would hope that people complain to them quite a bit so they realize how much frustration they are causing by not just doing the usual route.

1) when to: http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com/ics/support/ticketNew.asp
to create a new support ticket

1a) Filled out issue Typa as "Playback"
1b) Device I selected iPad / iPhone (don't remember which)
1c) Title I selected Harry Potter 7 Part 2
1d) Rate Flixster UV Experience I chose Poor
1e) in the Question/ Comment box I mentioned my disappointment that I could not get it to play on my iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, AppleTV), and iTunes. That these devices are the reason I even purchase movies with digital copies.

2) Save yourself a couple emails back and forth by putting in your original redemption code in the movie case, into your Comment/question field as they will need that before they will consider sending you an iTunes redemption Code.

Here is the text of the email I got from them:

Dear <My Name>:

Thank you for being one of our best customers and among the first to try UltraViolet Digital Copy.

While we have received a lot of positive reaction to UltraViolet, we realize that with any new technology there is a learning curve for both creators and consumers, and this is especially true around new user experiences.

It's important to us that you are fully satisfied with your purchase. We would like to issue you an an iTunes code for your movie so that you can obtain an iOS-compatible download of this title immediately. To do so, we need to verify your purchase. Please reply to this email with the original redemption code found in your insert.

We also wanted to let you know that you can download your UltraViolet Digital Copy to a supported iOS or Android device. (For a list of supported iOS devices see this article. For a list of supported Android devices, please visit this link.)

We are excited by UltraViolet's ability to offer you a digital locker copy of your purchased title. With UltraViolet today, you can download your title to a PC, Mac, Android or iOS compatible device for offline playback as well as stream it to your PC, Mac, or compatible iOS and Android devices. You can also add up to six members to your account, so that your whole family can enjoy it. And UltraViolet provides ongoing access to your titles from the cloud, meaning you will enjoy the benefit of future enhancements to the service, including the addition of new devices, download formats, and retailers.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us. We'd like to keep the channels of communication open and look forward to hearing from you as we continue our rollout of UV-enabled titles.

Sincerely,

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and Flixster

I'll let you know if/when I get my redemption code :)

Reaction score
Arkling - Thanks for the link for the support ticket.

http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic

I was sooo frustrated after trying to download my digital copy for 5+ hours I didn't even read further to see what you had written them. I told them how frustrated I was with there version of a digital copy and how I felt tricked thinking I was getting a digital copy I could download in my itunes. I didn't think to put my digital copy code in the message. They emailed me back in a couple minutes with an itunes redemption code for my movie. They didn't ask for my code. Either they believed me or they are getting so many complaints they are finding it too difficult to verify so many codes.

Thanks again! I'm happy now that I have my REAL digital copy!

This is what they sent me...

Dear <Me>:
Thank you for being one of our best customers and among the first to try UltraViolet Digital Copy.
While we have received a lot of positive reaction to UltraViolet, we realize that with any new technology there is a learning curve for both creators and consumers, and this is especially true around new user experiences.
It's important to us that you are fully satisfied with your purchase. We are issuing you an an iTunes code for your movie so that you can obtain an iOS-compatible download of this title immediately.

<Code>

To redeem your code, please follow these instructions:
1. Open iTunes
2. Navigate to the iTunes Store
3. Locate the "Redeem" link in the right side of the Storefront in the Quick Links panel
4. Enter your Authorization Code
5. If the files do not show up in your Download queue, click "Store" > "Check for Available Downloads"
We also wanted to let you know that you can download your UltraViolet Digital Copy to a supported iOS or Android device. (For a list of supported iOS devices see this article. For a list of supported Android devices, please visit this link.)
We are excited by UltraViolet's ability to offer you a digital locker copy of your purchased title. With UltraViolet today, you can download your title to a PC, Mac, Android or iOS compatible device for offline playback as well as stream it to your PC, Mac, or compatible iOS and Android devices. You can also add up to six members to your account, so that your whole family can enjoy it. And UltraViolet provides ongoing access to your titles from the cloud, meaning you will enjoy the benefit of future enhancements to the service, including the addition of new devices, download formats, and retailers.
Thanks again for taking the time to contact us. We'd like to keep the channels of communication open and look forward to hearing from you as we continue our rollout of UV-enabled titles.

Sincerely,

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and Flixster
You can access your UltraViolet movie collection at any time at ultraviolet.flixster.com.
For more information about UltraViolet, and to manage your UltraViolet account, go to UltraViolet – Home.

Reaction score
Arkling and Swordmaster47 - Thanks!!

I had the same exact issue with the HP 7 Part 2 Digital Copy and I followed your advice and got the same result... they immediately emailed me a redemption code for the iTunes Store and now I have my true digital copy! Thanks so much for posting this advice on the forum :)

Reaction score
Arkling - Thanks for the advise. I had just bought Harry Potter 7 Part 1 & 2 before I found out that it would not work in iTunes. I emailed them and had my iTunes codes from them in less than 10 mins. Thanks!! :D

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this

Thanks for posting this. Got a response from them 5 minutes after posting ticket. Only bad part is they sent me the wrong redemption code. I ordered Hangover 2 and they sent me code for Harry Potter deathly hollows part 2.:Grimmace:

Reaction score
wow, this is very disappointing to hear because I jsut got like 5 movies that have Ultra-Violet "digital copies" for Christmas. I tried to use one code for a movie and when I had the same problem I went to see why I couldn't add the movie to my iPod. I hope the fix this because I would really like to add these to my iPod, I guess I'm not redeeming any other codes until they fix this.

Thank you all for the info.

Reaction score
Frustrated

I bought my movie of HP7 Part 2 right when it came out, but am just now dealing with getting it on my computer/ipad. I read the posts regarding this and did the support center ticket. They no longer (or at least they won't for me) give codes for itunes via email. But did reply for my redemption code (which I had already given them), and address, and they are sending me a copy through the mail to download directly (2-3 weeks for delivery). This whole entire process is very frustrating, and I will NEVER buy something related to Flixter/Ultraviolet again!

Reaction score
Hopefully this helps some people, and I would hope that people complain to them quite a bit so they realize how much frustration they are causing by not just doing the usual route.

1) when to: http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com/ics/support/ticketNew.asp
to create a new support ticket

1a) Filled out issue Typa as "Playback"
1b) Device I selected iPad / iPhone (don't remember which)
1c) Title I selected Harry Potter 7 Part 2
1d) Rate Flixster UV Experience I chose Poor
1e) in the Question/ Comment box I mentioned my disappointment that I could not get it to play on my iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, AppleTV), and iTunes. That these devices are the reason I even purchase movies with digital copies.

2) Save yourself a couple emails back and forth by putting in your original redemption code in the movie case, into your Comment/question field as they will need that before they will consider sending you an iTunes redemption Code.

Here is the text of the email I got from them:

I'll let you know if/when I get my redemption code :)

It looks like they changed the location to log a complaint ticket.

1) Support Center

2) Fill out the information for Name and email.
3) Summary: iTunes usage
4) comments: I am running 2 Apple TVs, 2 iPhones, and an iPad and your system is not compatible for allowing me to watch my new movie when and how I want to. I would like to get an iTunes redemption code so I may watch my movie. I will be more diligent in the future to avoid Flixster only movie downloads unless I have an option to download to iTunes also. Thank you.
5) Issue: Playback
6) Device: Other
7) Title: Dolphin Tale
8) Code?: Yes
9) Code: (typed my code)
10) Flixster experience: POOR

Reaction score
Flixter

Here is the response from Flixter about my complaint about Itunes incompatability.

You CAN download movies from your Flixter account using the Flixter app but that's the only way I found.

Lauren
SEP 13, 2012 | 06:50PM PDT
Hi Gregory,

Flixster does not provide downloads for iTunes. If you redeemed the movie for iTunes, you will need to contact the studio which you redeemed it from.

Thank you,
Lauren

Reaction score

you can download the flixster application on your iOS device and download the movie there after you have entered the code and downloaded it on your computer
hope it helps

C

chas_m

you can download the flixster application on your iOS device and download the movie there after you have entered the code and downloaded it on your computer
hope it helps

Thanks, Paid Industry Shill! I hope you picked up on all the hate for this incredibly stupid system.

Bottom line: Ultraviolet is a HEAVILY DRM'D digital copy that requires you to use a DIFFERENT system and applications other than iTunes to sync or watch the movies on your mobile devices. It **sucks** and should be avoided. Don't even bother with it, call or write, complain and get your iTunes redemption code so you can enjoy the movie you PAID FOR on the devices you own without hassle. Avoid buying DVDs with Ultraviolet "digital copies" on them if you can.

Thanks for making life difficult for the people that actually BOUGHT the movie, and EASY for the pirates to justify their pirating Sony! Keep up the good work! :Shouting:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.