iCal duplicates?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13.3
Every time I sync my iPad with Mac it adds a set of duplicated calendars with my email address attached.. Eg. I have a 'work' calendar and it adds a duplicate called work(xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx)
Then I have to manually delete them all. What's up with that and how do I change it?

C

chas_m

You have BOTH "on my Mac" AND "iCloud" or "MobileMe checked when you sync.

If you're on iCloud, just uncheck all references to the local calendars.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.

Hi,
I too was having this problem. I unchecked the "on my Mac" calendar on my iPhone and it deleted some recent additions that I had put into iCal on my iMac and synched over iCloud. My problem has been that iCloud will sync iCal just one way; if I add an appointment to Calendars in my iPhone it doesn't sync it to iCal on my iMac and is hit and miss the other way.

Some points:
I don't have Mail syncing over iCloud
I still have some remnants of my Mobile Me account kicking around in my iMac which was a confusing disaster in my opinion, and I deleted the account off my iPhone after iCal problems.

Do you know whether these points would have anything to do with my current predicament because to be honest, since I uploaded iOS5 and went iCloud 4 days ago I am less than impressed and am beginning to think I would be better off without it?

EDIT Apologies, should I have upgraded to Lion first also?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13.3

Thanks. It worked. I was just nervous about unchecking 'on my mac' ... afraid it would somehow eliminate all my calendars. I guess I just have to trust the cloud! :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi,
I too was having this problem. I unchecked the "on my Mac" calendar on my iPhone and it deleted some recent additions that I had put into iCal on my iMac and synched over iCloud. My problem has been that iCloud will sync iCal just one way; if I add an appointment to Calendars in my iPhone it doesn't sync it to iCal on my iMac and is hit and miss the other way.

Some points:
I don't have Mail syncing over iCloud
I still have some remnants of my Mobile Me account kicking around in my iMac which was a confusing disaster in my opinion, and I deleted the account off my iPhone after iCal problems.

Do you know whether these points would have anything to do with my current predicament because to be honest, since I uploaded iOS5 and went iCloud 4 days ago I am less than impressed and am beginning to think I would be better off without it?

EDIT Apologies, should I have upgraded to Lion first also?

Answer to my own question about Lion is YES I should have upgraded. I did last night and everything is more manageable and syncing is good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.