Reaction score
All of my email accounts on the iPhone 4s get the same popup message:

iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 (9A334) said:
Cannot Get Mail

No password provided for
"<accountname>".

Please go to Mail Account Settings
and enter a password.

I've entered the PW many times, and the message will not stop.
My emails are not flowing either way.

OP
John Greer
Reaction score
Solved!

All accounts, except Google, were fixed by deleteing the accounts and re-adding them on the iPhone. The transfer from the iPod Touch, via iTunes backup, must have left some bad pointers...

With GMail, I forgot I had added Application Specific passwords, from when my account was hacked... :Oops:

All fixed now :D

Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm running iOS5 on iphone 4. It doesn't work for my yahoo. Already tried deleting and re-adding.

Reaction score
I'm also having a lot of iOS 5 issues with my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Can't sync over wifi, photo stream not working, mail and iMessages not syncing (if iMessages are even recieved at all). I don't get it...

Reaction score
I'm also having a lot of iOS 5 issues with my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Can't sync over wifi, photo stream not working, mail and iMessages not syncing (if iMessages are even recieved at all). I don't get it...

Have you tried restoring back to factory settings? My email is working fine. Think it was yahoo's problem. The facetime and imessage are not working with numbers still but I'm beginning to suspect that's my telco's problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.