lion 10.7.2

vnt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13 inch
Hey guys. I recently updated to 10.7.2 form prev vers 10.7. the system did his things and rebooted. when it stared up I noticed like it done a whole new install of the OS. nothing was in place. my mail accounts, ical, itunes, downloads, etc were reseted to factory settings. everything !

My cant find my home directory on the left side, neither the disk. although I did a search in spotlight and i found the directory and disk. with all applications and everything.

My question is; how can I put back in place like I set it up ? I mean all my mail accounts, ical, itunes, downloads etc back in dock and finder like I set it up ?

please help me. I need to do some work done and I cant find anything like this.
it took some time to set it like I wanted and now its all gone :(

any help is welcomed.

EDIT: I now remember I tried a few weeks ago to change my homes directory name from somewhere in preferences in a section that was something like /user/vnt and I changed vnt to something else I saw nothing happend I changed it back. but after that I notice it told me something like cant find home directory. Didint bothered as it all worked till I had to update and reboot. I may have something to do with that maybe ?

I know I shouldnt did that it looked to easy. what can I say. Im a newbie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
EDIT: I now remember I tried a few weeks ago to change my homes directory name from somewhere in preferences in a section that was something like /user/vnt and I changed vnt to something else I saw nothing happend I changed it back. but after that I notice it told me something like cant find home directory. Didint bothered as it all worked till I had to update and reboot. I may have something to do with that maybe ?

I know I shouldnt did that it looked to easy. what can I say. Im a newbie

What you did is a "no no". Even folks who have been using a Mac for some years get into trouble by changing the name of their user or home folder. Since you're new to OS X and Macs in general, it's best to re-install Lion from your Recovery partition. Back up whatever data you can to an external hard drive before doing so.

To boot from the Recovery partition and re-install Lion, reboot the machine and hold down the "R" key. Once you're in Recovery, select to re-install Lion. Make sure you're connected to the internet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.