Weird problem ~ Computer slows up at 4:45 PM everyday

Reaction score
I have recently encountered a problem that is really bugging me. Starting maybe a month ago, at 4:45 PM every day my computer begins to go very slow, almost to the point of freezing. If I restart or wait a while it will eventually regain its initial speed. What could possibly be causing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It is a clock watcher waiting for the 5pm knock off!

Seriously make sure there are no tasks scheduled to be carried out at that time, such as running Daily Unix tasks and the like.

Reaction score
I have recently encountered a problem that is really bugging me. Starting maybe a month ago, at 4:45 PM every day my computer begins to go very slow, almost to the point of freezing. If I restart or wait a while it will eventually regain its initial speed. What could possibly be causing this?[/QUOTE

It's possessed. That is weird. The same time everyday. I would also have to ask, are there scheduled tasks being conducted at that time? How old is you machine?

Take care and may God bless.

Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
If you have a disk you're using for Time Machine connected to the Mac, disconnect it for a day and see if the issue continues. I have heard of Time machine backups causing issues, especially if there's a lot of files (or even a couple of very large ones) being transferred.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.