Installed updates on macbook pro.. now every single time it boots in safe boot mode!!

Reaction score
Hey guys, long story short.. I am very new to macs and haven't had any problems until now. I cannot get out of this safe boot mode at all. I installed the updates mac downloaded and now it boots every single time in "safe boot". How do I turn this off?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We need some info:

Year, model MBP, and which version of OS X are you running? Which updates did you download and install?

OP
M
Reaction score
Version 10.6.8! Latest unibody out! Got it in August! How do I check what updates were installed?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, make sure your "shift" key is not stuck. Starting a Mac in safe boot mode is done by pressing and holding the shift key during boot up. Don't you remember what software update displayed when it said there were updates to download?

Next, try to reset the PRAM. See this LINK

OP
M
Reaction score
First, make sure your "shift" key is not stuck. Starting a Mac in safe boot mode is done by pressing and holding the shift key during boot up. Don't you remember what software update displayed when it said there were updates to download?

Next, try to reset the PRAM. See this LINK

I guess the problem was my USB connector for my wireless mouse, I used it for a good 2 months with no problems and now one day thats the cause of my safe boot..

Anyone know what this is and how to fix it? I dont want to keep disconnecting everytime I boot!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What kind of mouse is it? You mention USB connector and then say the mouse is wireless? Is it a Blue Tooth mouse or is it USB connected?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.