Album artwork gone after ios5 update?

Reaction score
So I just finished the update which went through with no problems but all my album artwork is gone on the ipad. anyway to fix this? when the next update comes out will it automatically put the artwork back on?

Reaction score
is this legitimately purchased music (from iTunes or ripped from commercial CDs?)

if not, i'm pretty sure it's all bets are off as far as whether or not the artwork can stick around through something like an OS update.

if it is legit music, then i'm not sure. someone else will have to chime in.

OP
S
Reaction score
It's legit yes but it's not all downloaded from itunes. It comes from cd's and mixtape sites. It all did have artwork before the update.

OP
S
Reaction score
I have synced my iPad since the update but I havnt deleted and put songs back on yet. I don't want to because I have songs from my friends computers also and I don't want to have to go and put all those songs on again. If the next update might get me my artwork than I'll wait but if it probably wont ill just delete and put back on. Any guesses on when the next update is?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
I had a similar issue. Synched with iTunes and selected to not synch music (removing the music from the device). Then synched again with the music selected... Brought everything right back...

Give it a shot if you really need the album artwork.

As for the songs from someone else's computer, how on earth did you get music onto your iPad that wasn't already on your computer? Either way, simply click "Transfer Purchases" BEFORE you do what i suggested above. That should copy everything that is on your iPad, which isn't already on your computer, over to your system. Then synch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.