Family MobileMe to iCloud?

Reaction score
I have iPad/iPhone and my wife has hers. With Family MobileMe we each have our own calendar/contacts; however, we are able to share calendars so that each of us can view/edit the other's calendar.

I just upgraded my iPad 2 to IOS 5 and it automatically installs iCloud. Before I upgrade the other devices (my iPhone and my wife's iPad/iPhone) I would like to understand how my Family MobileMe will work.

We both use the same iTunes account (i.e., a family iTunes account).

I have read some articles, end up being confused.

Can anyone please give me an expianation and point me to a definitive and readable source of information on this topic?

Thanks

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 5K, ElCapitan 10.11.3, Airport Extr, 15" MacBook Pro, Mavericks, 10.9.3, iPad 3, iPhone 6S
Surprised that no one has replied to this in the past five months!

I have a similar question and can't find anyone addressing it. So maybe I'll piggyback on this request.

My wife and I have our own MacBook Pros and also iPhones. We had a family me.com account which worked fine. After upgrading to iCloud, we seem to be sharing more than we want to. When I log on to my iCloud account I see her name. I see her picture when I send email. I'm wondering if we do not need to share an iCloud account? How do we move from a "family iCloud" account to two individual accounts. I assume there is no cost now for iCloud.

Hope someone reads this.
Thanks,
Vee

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Surprised that no one has replied to this in the past five months!

I have a similar question and can't find anyone addressing it. So maybe I'll piggyback on this request.

My wife and I have our own MacBook Pros and also iPhones. We had a family me.com account which worked fine. After upgrading to iCloud, we seem to be sharing more than we want to. When I log on to my iCloud account I see her name. I see her picture when I send email. I'm wondering if we do not need to share an iCloud account? How do we move from a "family iCloud" account to two individual accounts. I assume there is no cost now for iCloud.

Hope someone reads this.
Thanks,
Vee
Since today is 24 Oct and the original post was on 14 Oct, how is it 5 months without a reply?

As far as complete answers, my wife and I also had family account, but we each had seperate @me.com email addresses. If you were using the same @me.com address then you won't be able to seperate your iCloud activity.

You will each need to log in with a unique AppleID such as [email protected]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.