Siri Vanished

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just updated to iPhone 4S and when I set it up I pressed 'restore from iTunes' but I then realised this was an old backup because I'd downloaded iOS 5 a few days earlier and changed it to back up in iCloud. So, I decided to restore and start the process again.

For some reason, this prompted a download of iOS 5 (despite the fact the 4S has it pre-installed), so I waited for that and then it restored the phone completely, this time to the correct backup. I then start playing with the phone and go to have a go on Siri but it is nowhere to be found. When you hold down the Home button it brings up the old Voice Control menu?

Any idea what's happened, why and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

OP
S
Reaction score
Turns out I didn't have it turned on. For some reason it's automatically on when you first setup your iPhone but when you restore it it's turned off...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac | iPod nano | iPhone 4
I have a friend who just got a new 4s today from AT&T and we can't find
SIRI. When you hold the home button we just get the old function for voice control. I can't find it in the settings anywhere. Please help!

Reaction score
I have a friend who just got a new 4s today from AT&T and we can't find
SIRI. When you hold the home button we just get the old function for voice control. I can't find it in the settings anywhere. Please help!

Siri shows up for me under Settings > General > Siri

It's the 4th item down under "General." It has its own "block" right under "About", "Software Update" and "Usage".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.