WiFi Sync not working. Add it to the list...

Reaction score
I can't WiFi sync. I plugged my devices into my computer and turned on WiFi sync, then unplugged them from the computer, and into power, tried syncing and the Sync Now button is dimmed and it says Sync will resume when PC is available.

This is just one of many issues I got going on with my Apple products right now, so AAAANNNNYYY help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Did you manually sync with the cable first after turning on the wifi sync? I did that and it is all working even without being plugged into the wall. Of course, I am assuming you kept iTunes open when attempting to sync over wifi.

Reaction score
The only benefit wifi sync really brings is the ability to not connect a cord to the PC or Mac to sync and backup to wifi. In other words, Your Mac has to turned on and iTunes has to be open in order to sync. You just don't have to plug the cord in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Did you turn it on in iTunes AND on your iPhone?

Reaction score
a cable sync after checking of the wi-fi sync button in iTunes was what did it for me. i'm having no trouble now. try that if you haven't done it yet.

Reaction score
Any fix? I have the same problem. Have turned it on in iTunes and on my iPhone. I know the iPhone is connected to iTunes wireless, because I can use the Remote app between my iPhone and iTunes. But it keeps saying "Sync will resume when Macbook is available"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.