Iweb publishing

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to making websites.

I'm trying to make a website and have been trying different free templates etc and then I remembered iWeb on the computer. Anyway I've been having a go and getting what I want done really easily.

At the minute I'm trying to buy a domain name and will get that sorted in a day or two but now I'm stuck.

I know I have to get a hosting server and will get one but then how do I publish the iWeb page onto the server. This bit I have no idea about and would love it if someone could help. I'm a total novice but will try any suggestions. Is it hard to do???

I was going to use a company to do all of what I want but it was too expensive and now that I'm getting somewhere with iWeb I'd really like to be able to complete it all by myself (with a little help and suggestions)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to the forums

Depending on your iWeb version you can either ftp straight from iWeb to your web space or you can publish to a folder and use an ftp client like cyberduck to ftp the files to your webspace.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.