iMac G3 Issues...

T

tyler_wall

Im new to the whole Mac thing...just picked up an iMac G3 350mhz\64mb\6GB and so on...I let my friends little sister on it for 5 minutes...checked it out and when it turned on it had a folder with a blinking question mark...according to what ive read so far...doing a full system restore with OS X is the easiest way to go...should i do that or upgrade the harddrive first (by the way ive tried resetting the PRAM and i now have 128MB PC100)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
Yes it should be able to read CDRWs.

I would upgrade the Hard Drive first and then fill it up with the RAM to the max. It should take up to 512MB (2X256MB Sticks) then it will fly using OS X.
128MB isn't really enough to run OS X properly (256MB is the recommended minimum).

For more info on that particular iMac look here:

http://www.lowendmac.com/imacs/blue.shtml

Hope this helps
Paul

OP
B

Badger

What Paul said; and just to add: you can cause serious problems if you try to load OS X before the computer firmware has been upgraded. Be sure to check the info at Low End Mac. You may have to install OS 9 so you can upgrade the firmware before you do X.

OP
J

jy106

iMac G3 Issues

I also have an iMac G3, with OSX. When I turn it on it makes the ususal sound and goes to the grey screen with the apple and the 'spinny' thing; after this, the screen goes blue and stays that way. HELP!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.