Lost iphone data help!

Reaction score
So I was updating my girlfriends phone to iOS5 and in the process of upgrading it iTunes says that it is backing up her iPhone.

After upgrading the phone to iOS5, the setup screen got stuck on the Find My Phone screen and wouldn't proceed with the setup.

I pushed the home screen and it had the option to start over which I pressed and it said that I would lose all data which I was fine with because when I upgraded it, iTunes said that it was backing up phone.

Low and behold, when I plugged in the phone into my computer the backup for her phone wasn't there.

I checked the default directory for iPhone backups and I only see the ones that are listed in iTunes.

My girlfriend never plugged her phone in a computer prior to this so she has no other backup of her files.

I am assuming that iTunes temporarily backs up files while it is updating the software, restores the files, and then doesn't keep the backup.

I am hoping that the temporary backup is stored somewhere, but I have no clue where.

Anyone have any idea how I might be able to get the data back?!

Thanks

Matt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.