How can I push my iPhone 4 data to iCloud?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
My iPhone has my only complete /accurate calendar and contact list (thanks to gruesome experiences with MobileMe syncing attempts). Now that iCloud promises effortless syncing among all devices, I'd like to try again--but I need to be SURE that the correct data on the phone is pushed to iCloud and then to my iMac. Most how-to's I've seen assume you want to push your data from your Mac to the Cloud, or even from the Cloud to your Mac and phone, but I haven't seen the scenario in which one populates the Cloud with contact and calendar data from the iPhone. Can this be done (safely)? It would be dreadful to lose this data...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
IF you had issues with MobileMe, you may not like iCloud. From what I see, it works exactly the same. I never had an issue so I can't really help you, all my devices "just worked" with MM.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
I guess what I'm wondering is:
Once I've installed iOS5, iCloud, and 10.7.2, what's going to show up where (considering my working calendar is on my iPhone and the calendar on iMac is blank) ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.