Pismo Problems!? Help!!!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i just bought a Pismo 500mhz at a local police auction, it didn't come with a power cord and said that they couldn't test it to make sure it worked, but being the cheap person that i am i bought it and figured that i could use my YO-YO power adapter, so i get home and try to plug it in and nothing! no green light in the back no power coming on nothing. also it seems as though that the end of the cord isn't going in all the way i gave it a little push but it seems to be all the way in but isn't? i know that sounds confusing. if anyone knows of what kind of problem i need to look into please let me know, does the pismo use a different cord? thanks for any help it's greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
ebay-almost as good as google

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would first try searching on google for Powerbook Pismo power adapter. You can check www.lowendmac.com and see if the specs there on the Pismo tell what adapter it uses. Also like ileftovercrack suggested, search ebay for Powerbook Pismo Power Adapter. You should be able to find one there. I don't think the Yo Yo one is the right power supply for the Pismo but could be wrong.

Edit: here is a url that shows the adapter you need. The Yo Yo one will not work.

http://www.welovemacs.com/g3waacpoadco.html

Here is one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Wallstree...ryZ25436QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is an Ebay search with many for sale.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=Pismo+Power+Adapter

OP
D
Reaction score
i know that the yo-yo works with my brothers lombard, but i'll buy one of those and hope that works. if you can think of anything else that may be the problem thanks for all the help.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I read it on two sites that the Yo Yo one would not work on the Pismo. I have never tried it since I do not have a Pismo, but I would hope those sites are telling the truth and not just trying to get our $$$!

Let us know what happens after you get the power supply.

OP
D
Reaction score
Well my brother has this one:http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-G3-Wallst...819482912QQcategoryZ80064QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and he is bringing it over tomorrow, in the auction it says pismo if this doesn't work then i'm going to buy one from ebay then if that doesn't work then i'm going to be one pissed off mofo. but the only good thing is that the computer looks in good shape except for the exterior and i only paid 80 for it and it's worth that in parts. but i'll let you know tomorrow after i try his adapter.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found one good site that said there are 2 Yo Yo adapters and the main thing different is the end connector. One will fit the Pismo/wallstreet and the other will not fit. That makes sense as to your first post saying it fits but does not. The Wallstreet one will work. I hope it works for you. You can add memory to that Pismo and install even Panther.

This is the page that explains the difference.
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/YoYo-Style-Power-Adapter-m7332-p-16183.html

OP
D
Reaction score
You Have Just Made My Night!!! I Thought This Was Going To Cost Me Now I Can't Wait Until Tomorrow Afternoon To Get The Power Cord. Thanks A Million I Owe You One ;) Thanks Again.

OP
D
Reaction score
ok there is really something wrong with this, it's not the power cord, i used the yo-yo and the other one that my brother uses for his lombard. then i took his battery and put that in tried to power it up and nothing, the battery has juice in it. If anyone can think of ANYTHING that could be wrong with it please let me know. I was thinking maybe the gov't took out the hd but would the computer power up without the HD? One more thing if i can't get this thing working can my brother use the screen and processor? please i'm begging anyone the help! thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.