i just install
rosetta
flash player
driver for my 3G
:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz
i would remove everything you installed and then see if it goes back to normal. If it does then put one thing on at a time, but really no of the things mentioned should slow it down that much. But it is worth trying that first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Start with removal of Rosetta as it is not compatible with Lion, as PowerPC applications will not run on Lion. Then go into System Preferences > Startup Disk and make sure the drive is selected.

OP
R
Reaction score
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Start with removal of Rosetta as it is not compatible with Lion, as PowerPC applications will not run on Lion. Then go into System Preferences > Startup Disk and make sure the drive is selected.

how can i remove rosetta???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you go to applications and then find rosetta and drag it to the trash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what version of rosetta is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont know about the system but i would say maybe try dragging rossetta to the trash, there maybe a rossetta uninstall but i dont know how to do that, sorry i cant help anymore.

OP
R
Reaction score
i dont know about the system but i would say maybe try dragging rossetta to the trash, there maybe a rossetta uninstall but i dont know how to do that, sorry i cant help anymore.
Ty anyway

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What I want to know is how you installed Rosetta? You must have used a retail Snow Leopard disk to do the installation since Rosetta can not be downloaded to a system running Lion.

Also, I'm not sure Rosetta is causing the slow startup as it only acts as a compatibility layer for the installation and running of PPC apps on an Intel machine. Are you running anything else when you start your computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.