Remote access

Reaction score
Hello ppl...My question is, is there any way to have access one mac through another mac.

Details - I have a 27" desktop, previously I owned the 20"(white) desktop, I gave the 20" to a family member with 5 kids. The parents know nothing about macs. I live in Delaware the 20" is in Philadelphia. Is there anyway I can monitor/control it from my 27"? What are my options, do I have to buy expensive software?

Reaction score
Yes you can :)

**** Disclaimer**** I am not pushing or endorsing Logmein with this post, I am simply offering one option that just happens to be logmein in order to accomplish this task at hand. ****End Disclaimer****

There is a wonderful application at www.logmein.com

You will choose the free product as it gives you unlimited access to ONE system.

How to setup for your parents:

- you go to logmein.com and create an account

- have your parents download the logmein client to their system and have them use YOUR information when logging into the logmein app. (this is a one time process, as the app will retain this forever unless changed by you)

- you then go to www.logmein.com, sign in, and under your control panel you will see your parents system that you now have total control over.

Done :)

While there are other ways to achieve your need, I like logmein as for one system it is free :)

Foo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.