having trouble with a keyboard layout

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently had the logic board replaced on my MacBook Pro, and when I got it back from Apple, one of my keyboard layouts no longer works. I've got 10.6.8 on there now (which I thought was what I had when I mailed it out), so I'm sure they installed the latest version of the OS.

This is a problem because I have a foreign language font that requires that keyboard (the old Mac US System 6 keyboard). There is no substitute for that font or for that layout (unless I can figure out how to make my own).

I have the keyboard layout as both an rsrc file and a kbd file, but neither one works. Is there a new file format for 10.6.8? Is there a (free) program that will either let me make my own custom keyboard layout (allowing me to replicate that one…I found one for Windows 7 on my netbook) or rearrange the font that I need it for so that it will work with US or US Extended?

Actually, given the choice, remapping the font is probably preferable to making a custom keyboard, but I'm cool with doing either as long as it's free.

Thanks, in advance,
Antaine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.