Total conversion complete....Starting new era...

Reaction score
My wife and I have completed our complete conversion.
From pure PC environment (home build PCs / Sony Vaios) we went full blast for Mac OSX.

We directly went for LION after one month of snow leopard...and not being familiar with the 'old' environment, it's easier to adopt directly the biggest cat!

It all started with iPad2 really, but we had in order:
1) 27 2011 model, base model +12gb memory that my wife started using as I was tired fixing PC problems.
I was so impressed by the way the machine worked that I got myself a:
2) 27 2011 i7 3.4 SSD +12gb memory...amazing machine...much beefier than my equivalent over clocked PC with SSD SSD etc...
3) then we converted the VAIO of my wife into a fully loaded BTO 13" MBA
4) I got myself a fully loaded BTO 11" MBA yesterday.

I am sooo impressed with this little tiny machine I have to say... I was not expecting this...Really impressive.

So to all people who are not convinced about coming to this side of the PC world:
- do it NOW, you will not regret and wonder why you did not do it before
- unless you have specific software, the switch is really simple
- equivalent HW specs mean MUCH BETTER performance on the MAC.
OS X is the difference. Windows is just loading the CPU with useless stuff. That's how it feels. MAC are just smooth to use.
- Office 2011 is finally comparable (just miss full screen on Lion and some advanced functions in Excel...)
- The 'airs' (13 or 11) are AWESOME machines...just like the best single piece of IT equipment I ever owned...Period.

My PC? It became a 'game only' machine...Last time I switched it on my wife asked me 'WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS NOISE????'
Well...just the machine which was on pretty much all the time before...you just get used to silence...

A happy switcher....;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
Awesome! Im brand new to the forum and all because Im thinking about making the switch. Ive never really considered a Mac. Ive always been a PC guy and seeing everyone with iPods and iPhones, they operate so smoothly and the hardware is just incomparable. So with this, came the thoughts of getting a Mac! My Vaio has already needed to be wiped and its only been a year, so I think I am ready to make the switch.

The only thing is the price of the computers!

Thanks for sharing

OP
X
Reaction score
if you go for same specs, I am not sure, the 'airs' are not expensive vs say the equivalent VAIO....
big mistake is to compare spec for spec. For sure at same 'spec sheet' the MAC will be faster...or say provide an overall better user experience.
If you only look at spec sheet, maybe you get this impression. If you spec out first your needs and then buy the machine that fits those need, i think not.
I only looked at the price for the first one #1...and then it made us understand overall value...good luck with your decision...

Reaction score
I made the switch and I don't touch my windows laptop now. As for finding your way around the Mac OS, it's easier than some people make out.
I am really pleased with my change and now windows just seems slow and clumsy compared to the Mac OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.