Time Capsule Drag and Drop and iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17 2.8 GHz Intel OS 10.7.3 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Core 2 Duo
I want to use my Time Capsule as a drag and drop because I do not like Time Machine. I used Time Machine before and it used up all my memory on a external HD and once full the HD was full it became basically useless.

With Time Capsule I want to pick and choose the files I want to back up. I want to back up my pictures for example. If I go to iPhoto in my apps it turns out that this is a different library than the one on my dock. I do not know why. In order to find my pictures again I have to look for them in the finder and double lick on the iPhoto shown in the path of the file in the finder. This brings up the library with pictures once again.

Does anyone know how I can have only one library?

How can I drag and drop my pictures to Time Capsule? Does it have to be picture my picture? If i drop the iPhoto in the apps folder it's the library I do not use.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
As far as I understand it, iPhoto only displays pictures that you import into it. So at some point you haven't imported all your photos, if you want them all in one place import the photos that aren't in there. You can then delete them from finder to save you having duplicates.

Can't answer your timemachine question, as I'm not proficient in it yet, but I get around your problem by using an external HD that's bigger than my iMac's HD. :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17 2.8 GHz Intel OS 10.7.3 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Core 2 Duo
Chuck,
Thanks for the answer but the problem I seem to have is that I have to iPhotos for some reason. I have all my pictures in iPhoto on my dock. If I click on the iPhoto in my applications folder in the finder it brings up a blank iPhoto for some reason.

I want to back up my pictures in time capsule but I'm not sure how to do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.