iCloud Backup Failed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook 2GHz/iPod Classic Black 80GB/iPhone 4 32GB/iPad2 WiFi 16GB
Hi,

When I try to set up the backup from my iPhone 4, it keeps saying iCloud Backup Failed! I am using my Apple ID!

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Reaction score
Same here, I just reclaimed my *old* me.com address and re-sync'd everything. works fine but the backup just won't start on either iPhone or iPad.
I did previously set up a new iCloud address and use that for a week but have since deleted it and moved to my new/old one. I really hope that hasn't caused some irreparable issue. I still haven't made one back up to iCloud yet!

Reaction score
Same issue

I'm having same issue. When I try to turn on backup a message pops up saying failed. Later or retry. So I can't even attempt to backup. I even tried a new email address and still nothing.

Reaction score
Glad it's not just me then! Hopefully it's only a temporary issue or someone knows a fix on here

Reaction score
Same here

Same issue here.

Although it was working, but my cloud inbox wasn't showing on iphone with other mailboxes so I deleted it and reinstalled it.

Now inbox is there but keeps failing to turn icloud back up on.

:Angry::Angry:

Reaction score
Now working

Got my backup to icloud working.

I deleted account from device then recreated it.

Plug your device into itunes and select the summary page.

Then click 'back up to icloud'

hey presto its now turned on and working. ;D;D;D;D

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Same issues here....

I have a 3Gs and updating and restoring it this AM was a b!tch. It wouldn't let me restore so I had to cancel backup, and continue as a new iPhone. Bah. And now iCloud would not connect. *weeps*

Reaction score
[sarcasm]shoot, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work because the iPhone4 doesn't have twice the computing power. [/sarcasm]

:angryaboutSiri

Reaction score

Hope this helps

You may not need to delete the account--I just plugged my iPhone in, went to the summary page on iTunes, changed the backup setting to back up to iCloud. Took about 1 minute to do the backup, disconnected, and the iCloud backup setting to "backup to iCloud" was turned on.

I may never plug the iPhone in again.

OP
Calciumee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook 2GHz/iPod Classic Black 80GB/iPhone 4 32GB/iPad2 WiFi 16GB

Hope this helps

You may not need to delete the account--I just plugged my iPhone in, went to the summary page on iTunes, changed the backup setting to back up to iCloud. Took about 1 minute to do the backup, disconnected, and the iCloud backup setting to "backup to iCloud" was turned on.

Fantastic! All sorted now!

Reaction score

Hope this helps

Thanks, but I tried this and it didn't work.... I'm receiving the message:

iCloud Backup Failed
There was a problem enabling iCloud Backup

iCloud is turned on both on the phone itself and in the iTunes Summary.

I'm using an iPhone 4 until I pick up my 4s tomorrow.

Reaction score
Bingo! iCloud backup is working!

I fell back to the Microsoft "reboot mentality" and cold booted my phone. ;D

YEAH! :Cool:

Reaction score
OK, I finally got my phone to the point of having iCloud Backup in the on position. Now when I hit Back Up Now, it tells me there was a problem completing the backup. I've spent way too much time trying to get this to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Having had similar problems all day and appear to be stuck in some sort of back-up loop.
I've done the cold reset, pressed Back Up Now but the the phone just says that there was a problem with the back up try later.
Could it be that if the original iCloud back up failed then there is nothing to back up to?

Reaction score

This worked for me as well, but when i tried to do another backup from the iPad itself it says 'There was a problem completing the backup. Please try again later.'

Before that I couldn't even get iCloud to turn on, so it's a start...

Also, I'm looking at deleting and readding the iCloud account, but when I click on 'Delete Account' it gives me a message that says 'If you delete your account, all Photo Stream photos and documents stored in iCloud will be deleted from this iPad.'

This seems dumb. I'm okay with them being deleted 'in the cloud,' but why in the world would you delete them from my iPad??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I 'think' that I may have solved it by restoring my iPhone via iTunes. It's long winded if you have all your music checked to sync but my iPhone/iCloud afterwards prompted me to confirm my password and nothing has kicked off. What I don't get is that my iCal is out of sync. I have earlier put appointments into my calendar on the phone and they don't show in iCal on my iMac.
To be honest I am none the wiser..how do I know if everything is working right? My Mail on the phone was populated with 50 emails most of which I had previously deleted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.