IOS 5 - Custom Ringtones

Reaction score
Last night I upgraded my Iphone 4 GSM to the new IOS 5.

This morning I received the first call and noticed that the ringtone is changed to the default Marimba tune.

I had a custom ringtone, which I can find in my Music, but not in the settings to make it as a ringtone.

Any help?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I had the same problem but it's easy to fix. i just unchecked "sync ringtones", then synced my phone and then checked the "sync ringtones" again and synced. worked for me. if not try making new ringtones with itunes 10.5.

Reaction score
Got it to work... I was moving it previously to the iphone ringtone tab but for some reason I have to do it through the other tab now... odd.

Reaction score
I tried the above fixes, and I see my ringtone in iTunes. But when I try to sync or drag it to my iPhone nothing happens.....any thoughts?

EDIT: My ringtone was over 40 seconds, read through the forms, said it needed to be under 40. Unsync'd then re-sync'd and it's all good now!

Reaction score
Different problem

I downloaded some ringtones from itunes, they downloaded fine, found them in settings under options for Ringtones, etc. Picked different songs for different functions, i.e. ringtone, text, new voicemail, etc. then gave individuals their own ringtones. Now my phone only vibrates and does not ring at all. I have double checked settings, everything is set the same as when it used to ring. I have synced with my computer, nothing works, any ideas?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.