How to set up 'wired' connection from Mac book Pro to PS3 using a Ethernet cable

Reaction score
I have the new slim PS3 but my room is far from my Verizon FiOS router and the 'wireless' signal is bad when going directly to the PS3 for online gaming. So I want to use my Mac Book Pro's airport which gets a better signal from the router---and then connect a Ethernet cable from my mac book to my PS3 so the PS3 has a 'wired' internet connection for better online gaming. I used to do this with XBOX360 and my PC but have switched to MAC and PS3 and cant figure out how to do it.

I have tried almost every forum on the web to figure it out but cant.
tried-
using every combo of IP address's from my MAC's to my PS3's enter manually
using the PPPoE user name and password instead of the IP
Gone into network setting on my MAC and opened internet sharing from airport through ethernet

The farthest Ive gotten is the IP address connects but the internet connection fails error #80710102

the closest help i found was this link
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/internet-networking-wireless/137706-airport-ethernet-ps3.html

but that didnt work either

please help, my fifa rating is suffering

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
To be honest on the odd occasion I've tried this I didn't change anything on my network etc.

Just enabled Internet sharing on my Mac and connected a cable to the PS3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.