please help, speed up torrent and lost wireless!

Reaction score
i'm really stuck as i was downloading software via transmission, if was taking forever so i googled instructions on speeding it up. i was somewhat successful when all of a sudden i lost my wireless. now i'm etherneting it. i could really use someones' help.

Book Pro
2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB

any other info needed in trying to figure this out? i'm a relative noob("relative" being "relative").:Confused:

p.s. on top of this my download is going slower than ever with eithernet.

j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I'm sorry but I don't understand your problem. Exactly what have you done in order to try and "speed up" your connection and download rate? Which, in my opinion, is not really possible and ends up messing around with things.

Reaction score
Maybe he had a download ratio set and just changed it to 'unlimited'? Other than that there is not much to speed up. It usually runs as fast as either your internet connection or the "app-providing-parties" allow. Whatever is lower...

Your "eithernet" - are you talking about internet, local ethernet, wireless? What kind of connection do you have?

OP
J
Reaction score
well originally my thought was that using torrents was supposed to be "really fast" as some put it. so i was trying to torrent windows in preparation of setting up bootcamp so i could run a demo of FL studio. low and behold 4 hours into the download i still had about 4 hours left. so i google "slow torrent transmission" or something similar and found other peoples' questions as to why their torrents(transmission) are going so slow. i also find a tutorial on a sequence of steps that should help alleviate this problem. it suggested making sure my modem port was open(yes), configure IPv4 set to manual(ok), reducing the number of allowable seeders and leachers(ok-transmission preferences) reducing the amount of maximum transfers(ok). these seemed to have some kind of positive effect as my transfer rate jump from a consistent 100kb/sec to around 300kb/sec. this is all with around 30 peers sharing. all of a sudden i hit apply in my network preferences and i get cut off. that's when i hooked up the ethernet cable(direct connection to modem w/ ethernet cable).

i'm thinking that it may be more of an issue that my ISP could help me with. but if anyone has any comments of suggestions it would be much appreciated. i would rather deal my ISP as little as possible,... they suck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.