Late 2008 MBP: Should I get a new battery?

Reaction score
I have a late 2008 15" Macbook Pro running OS 10.6.8 and recently upgraded to 8GB. I was getting 4+ hours battery after upgrading however lately, it has been more like 2.5+ hours. I have re-calibrated the battery per Apple's instructions and it did go show 4+ hours again for a couple of days. The memory brand is RamJet and purchased at Ramjet.com. I researched the brand before purchasing RAM and reviews by people indicated this was a good company.

Also, my battery cycle count and condition under "System Profiler" shows: Cycle Count: 200 and Condition: Normal. Should I get a new battery?

Thanks for your time and assistance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know anything about the quality of the batteries sold by RamJet. The two best places to buy replacement batteries for a Mac are from Apple (expensive) and Other World Computing.

Since your battery has only 200 cycles on it, it likely has plenty of life left. Download the free coconutBattery 2.7 application and see what it says about your battery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.