• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Samsung attempts to ambush iPhone 4S launch in Sydney

Reaction score
Samsung attempts to ambush iPhone 4S launch in Sydney

voice-samsung-cjr.jpg

Samsung has set up a temporary shop in Sydney, right across from the local Apple Store, and started hawking Galaxy S2 phones for the low, low price of two bucks (with a two-year contract, naturally). The line for the bargain-basement priced phone was reportedly longer than the nearby line for the iPhone 4S. That's not a huge surprise; people do love a bargain, and a two dollar smartphone certainly looks like one.

Not everyone was impressed by Samsung's offer. Two teenagers waiting in line for the iPhone 4S had this to say to the Sydney Morning Herald: "There's this guy who has come up to us trying to convince us to buy the Samsung Galaxy S II two days in a row now. And he's an idiot."

The iPhone 4S will launch in Australia in less than 24 hours as of this writing, and reportedly Samsung's makeshift store will close up shop the next day.

Samsung attempts to ambush iPhone 4S launch in Sydney originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac Mini Aluminum/320g intel Core 2 duo/2g memory/2.4 Ghz/NVIDIA GeForce 320M
haha....Samsung is always copying others it seems.....:)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Why does this seem like a rival lemonade price war from across the street? >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did not work as there were huge crowds camped out overnight and the Samsung shop drew zilch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Did not work as there were huge crowds camped out overnight and the Samsung shop drew zilch.

Actually when I saw it, the line for the Samsung stall was longer than the one for the Apple store. Those people had come specifically for the Galaxy II though, I highly doubt anyone would go to the Apple store to get an iPhone and get convinced to buy an Android :Sleeping:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
They are not helping their case when they claim they don't copy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac Mini Aluminum/320g intel Core 2 duo/2g memory/2.4 Ghz/NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Samsung is FAMOUS for copying SONY bigtime.....Sony invents blu-ray, everyone jumps on board!....Sony makes internet TV (1st one)....Samsung comes out with their version. Also, Sony was the first to use "light-up" logo's on their Bravia TV's, Then a year later Guess who has "light-up" logo's on their TV"s?m.......hmmm wonder who? Companies like Sony/Apple will ALWAYS innovate, and Samsung,Panasonic,LG,....and the rest ALWAYS copy! The most whacked-out thing I've ever seen, was the latest commercials for TOSHIBA....on their boxes they say TOSHIBA...LEADING INNOVATION.....huh? are you kidding me?.....so their THRIVE tablet doesn't look just like an ipad?......Lol! ;)

........Go Apple! You rule!.....;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.