sounds from the G5

B

bfisher

there are repetitve sounds coming from my g5. its a dual 2.7. its very fast and well equipped. i cant idtentify where exactly the sound is coming from. its like a quick rhythmic squeek but not so much a squeek. Has anyone encountered this problem? I think Im going to bring it in for a check up nontheless. Thank you

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
bfisher said:
there are repetitve sounds coming from my g5. its a dual 2.7. its very fast and well equipped. i cant idtentify where exactly the sound is coming from. its like a quick rhythmic squeek but not so much a squeek. Has anyone encountered this problem? I think Im going to bring it in for a check up nontheless. Thank you

If it is periodic and happens every 10 seconds or so when the machine is idle then I'd suspect you have a noisy hard drive but if it is continuous then it is more likely a noisy fan or cooling pump bearing.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.