iOS 5 and new apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
After my iPad finished the update I've a couple new icons/apps that have been loaded and do not seem to be able to be removed. In particular, there is a Newsstand icon I'd like to remove or hide.

I tried putting it into a "folder" of other apps but it will not allow me to put it in there. (Does that make sense?) It let me move the Messages icon into a folder of apps but not the Newsstand.

Any ideas? I don't read magazines and cannot imaging needing to use this Newsstand app in the near future.

TIA!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0
Someone was discussing the same problem in another thread earlier... apparently the Newstand app is a folder itself -hence, it can't be placed inside another folder. It should be easy enough to move it to another "page' where it's less obtrusive though! I'd link you to the previous thread, but I'm not sure which it was in!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.